Tuesday, September 21, 2010

(Extinction Level Event): The Final World Front

I find it odd that I haven't posted this album before - or perhaps I have, and it mysteriously vanished? Let's rectify that immediately. Somewhat charmingly, this (my favorite Busta album by a long shot) is a relic of the pre-millennial paranoia embraced widely across many cross-sections of society in those heady days of 1998 and 1999. From Y2K to the supposed return of Jesus Christ to the apocalyptic overtones of that Prince song, the undercurrent of dread lent a gleeful hedonistic sense of doom to everyday activities, from Makin' Shit Bounce to Tearin' Da Roof Off. I'll spare you the lengthy analysis of the man himself and his style, as you are surely already hip to it, and just sit back and await the inevitable mushroom cloud.
There's Only One Year Left

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails