Monday, December 27, 2010

Mourn

Another lost little gem of female-fronted witchy doom, Mourn can be seen as a forerunner to the style that Jex Thoth, Blood Ceremony, Windhand, and The Devil's Blood are toiling over their cauldrons for today. Lately I just can't get enough of this stuff and this early example, circa 1995, is like a beacon out of time. It is unfortunate that this ensemble called it quits immediately after this release, as they clearly were bursting with ideas and energy - a few more albums and they maybe could've been as important and influential as your Sleeps or your Electric Wizards. Still, we have this to entrance and seduce us.
Forever more.

1 comment:

  1. The weather hasn't changed since I grabbed Runemagick from the swamp yesterday,so I need more DOOM...blasting westerly winds and showers of rain,hail and sleet that would hammer you into the ground...it's midsummer in a month!We've got a 2-day music festival on at the moment on a large green under the Lewis Castle by the harbour...an awesome location...I've got my tickets but last night was so shit weather wise,I just went to bed...and it's only a mile from my house...I'll probably put big boots on and trudge along tonight...THANKS FOR THE DOOM!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails