Thursday, November 17, 2011

Possessed - Seven Churches

As the end of another exhausting and wild week draws to a close, I find myself drawn to this seminal album from the legendary Possessed.  Much like Venom's Black Metal record, Seven Churches basically spawned an entire genre of heavy metal, in this case death metal.  Not that it existed in a vacuum, but the degree of ugliness, spite, and heaviness expressed by these high school lads was unprecedented, and a huge influence on the first generation of DM bands, especially Death.  I'm too drained to expound any further, and it shouldn't be necessary anyway - just sit back and feel the hate roll over you.

2 comments:

  1. This record bums me out because it's like...they did that when they were in high school?! What the fuck have I done with my life!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get some motivation! Sacrifice some goats and shit and maybe genius will come to you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails