Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fex Urbis Lex Orbis

This is probably old news to many of you by now, but I just found out that Ludicra, one of the best and longest-running American black metal bands (and one of my favorites), has broken up. I haven't the energy to expound too much on this yet - it's already been a long day and I've just arrived back in the Swamp - but I wish the respective members the best in the future and hope to see more music from each of them. There is that Hammers of Misfortune album due this year...
Collapse

1 comment:

  1. This is such a bummer. Ludicra were easily one of the best bands going in the U.S. right now. The guitar work is great, I'm hard pressed to think of a tighter rhythm section in all of metal (seriously, can we dwell for a moment on how fucking awesome the Aesop/Sewage combination is?), and Laurie Sue Shanaman is a tremendous vocalist. They were "real" in a way that you very rarely see in metal. I'm glad that I had a chance to see them live, but bummed that I won't have another one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails